Sometimes, we just don’t want to use the oven as it takes a lot of time and efforts to bake a cake inside it. On the other hand, some people don’t have ovens in their houses.
So, for one reason or the other, you would want to bake a cake without an oven then, you can do it in your pressure cooker.
Yes! A pressure cooker can be used for baking a delectable cake within just a few minutes.
Here, in this article, we will tell you how you can bake a basic cake inside a pressure cooker and if you want to add flavours in it, you can add them in the basic cake recipe.
Read on for more!
Basic cake in a pressure cooker
Time: 50 minutes
2 cups of all purpose flour
5 drops of vanilla essence
1 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 cup of water
2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
1 cup of condensed milk
4 tablespoons of melted butter
1. Take a large pressure cooker and remove its rubber ring and whistle. Put sea salt at the bottom of the cooker and spread it evenly. Place it uncovered over a low flame.
2. Next, grease a baking pan with butter and keep it aside. In a large mixing bowl, add all-purpose flour, condensed milk, sugar, water and melted butter. Whisk them nicely.
3. Now, add vanilla essence and baking powder in the cake batter and mix again. When the batter is smooth and has no lumps in it, pour it in the baking pan and shake it gently.
4. Now, place the pan carefully over the sea salt inside the pressure cooker and put on the lid. Keep the flame at a low setting and bake for 40 minutes.
5. After 40 minutes, check if the cake has baked completely by putting a skewer in the cake if it comes out dry, the cake has baked else, you can bake it for few more minutes.
6. Wear gloves and take it out carefully. Turn it upside down on a plate and tap the bottom, your cake will come out of the baking pan. Serve warm or cold, that’s your choice!
- Use good quality aluminium pressure cooker which has at least 5 litres of capacity.
- Don’t set the flame on the highest level as it will burn the bottom of your cake, which is just not nice!
- You can use both salted and unsalted butter in the recipe.
- Don’t whisk the cake batter too much. Once it reaches a thick and smooth consistency, stop there!
- If you want to make a chocolate cake, just add the chocolate powder into the batter. Similarly, you can add any flavour of your choice in the batter.
- Add dry fruits in the batter to enhance the taste of the cake.