He has popped the question, and you are seeking mom and dad’s approval. Here’s how to make a big impression.
1. Dress appropriately: First impression may not be the last, but it does leave a lasting image. Reserve those sexy clothes for dates, and go for something more old-school. At the same time, you don’t have to dress to the dimes. Go for a simple and chic look.
2. Take a gift along: It’s your first time at their place. You don’t want to go empty-handed. Parents want to feel respected for their position. So take some time out from your schedule, and go gift shopping with your guy. Buy them something they would use or need. Don’t opt for something exorbitant or fancy. Keep the gift simple. You don’t want it to come across like a bribe.
4. Refrain from PDA: Be next to your guy, but avoid holding hands. Don’t even think about cuddling. Sure, their parents aren’t stupid and know that the two of you may have been up to mischief. But don’t flash it in their face. Be graceful.
5. Ignore the ex-factor: Okay, so they may have been completely smitten by one of his ex-girlfriends. Perhaps, your guy even brought her home. But don’t be too bothered. It’s the story of his past and doesn’t matter anymore. If his folks bring it up, don’t dig too much. Smile and simply change the subject. He loves you and they love him.
6. Spare the man: Chances are that most of your conversation will revolve around the boy. Sharing stories and wanting to know more about him can be tempting, but see to it that you don’t get together with his parents and pick on him. His parents might want you to spill the beans about his quirks, but respect him and avoid it.